Friday, March 20, 2009

Fridays in Lent

Catholics abstain from meat on Fridays during Lent. We actually discussed why we do this during lunch today with friends, but that aspect is really unimportant here.

I actually don't mind going meatless. One super good thing is that it's cheaper! And boy, do I love cheapness.

Anyways, I thought I'd list some options we have on Lenten Fridays:
  • pasta with cheese and tomato sauce
  • a big ol' salad with lots of veggies and tuna from a can
  • grilled cheese sandwiches with potato or tomato soup
  • waffles or pancakes and eggs
  • cheese quesadillas or enchiladas with rice and beans
We went to lunch at Olive Garden. Hubby ate eggplant parmigiana and I had minestrone soup. Yummo.

He's at work tonight, so I'm keeping it low-key. I just had a bowl of cereal and two pop-tarts. Although, I might just have to munch on chips and salsa later...

No comments: