Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Breakfast with Friends

This past weekend, we had some friends over. Because both Mr Oh and I had to work, Sunday morning was the only time we could all catch up.

I set the table before going to bed Saturday night.
I love my Ikea glasses.
Love the star napkin rings from a junk store.
Love the big rodeo coasters from somewhere in Texas.



Also before going to bed, I made the casserole. It's way easy.


  • Line a pan with frozen hashbrowns (or sandwich bread even). I used ones that are shaped kinda like McDonald's, but shredded ones would work.
  • Add a layer of sausage. (I browned one pound.)
  • In a bowl, mix six eggs, a cup of milk, and as much shredded cheese as you'd like. (When I called my brother for a refresher on the recipe, he reminded me that no one ever says "there was too much cheese".)
  • Add that stuff on top, and put it in the fridge over night.
  • In the morning, cook it at 350 for 45-60 minutes
One of our friends is a former vegetarian, and she doesn't eat all that much meat now. She also happens to be the one that gave me two oh-so-cute Le Creuset personal casserole dishes. I left the sausage out of these, and put bell peppers in the dish shaped like a bell pepper, and tomatoes in the one shaped like a tomato!

We also had coffee, juice, biscuits, and a fruit dish. We used to have this on major holidays when I was growing up, but it's been dropped from the menu in recent years. It's just strawberries, bananas, and a couple spoonfuls of concentrated orange juice straight from the can. That helps keep the bananas from browning, plus adds a bit of a citrus flavor.

1 comment:

LadyConcierge said...

Ooooh, we do a breakfast casserole with bread cubes. We call it "breakfast-brunch". I dont' know why. I like the idea with hashbrowns, though, I might have to make it this weekend!

And those mini Le Cruesets are darling!