Friday, November 14, 2008

chicken divan



DH had the day off on Tuesday (thank you, veterans!) and like any good husband, he had flowers waiting for me when I got home. (It was our one monthiversary.) Also, like any good husband, he agreed that we should make dinner to take to my sister ME. Her DH is gone for the month (dang you, med school), so we thought she and their baby SBJ would like some company.

DH did all the prep work at our place. Then once we arrived at my sister's house, I threw the dish in the oven.


Hubby's sitting next to me now and is going to tell me how to make this lovely dish.





Chicken Divan


  • boil some chicken
  • steam some brocolli
  • combine in a bowl: two cans of cream of chicken soup; some milk; some cheese; no more than a tablespoon of mayo; and a wee bit of curry spice (optional)
  • shred the chicken and place in baking dish
  • add the brocolli
  • evenly pour the mixture on top
  • melt 1/2 - 1 stick of butter, combine with Stove Top (or bread crumbs, or corn flakes)
  • add that combo to the top of your dish
  • bake at 375 degrees for approx. 20 minutes (the sauce will bubble)
  • enjoy!

If you noticed the "somes" and "wee bits", don't be alarmed. Mexicans don't use measurements when cooking.

Also, while we're talking about divans...DH and I bought our first couch this week!

1 comment:

LadyConcierge said...

What, you haven't eaten for a month?