Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Italian Sampler

DH and I had planned on making spaghetti tonight because it's easy and we needed to use up some hamburger meat. That's right, I'm from the country and I use the term "hamburger meat" instead of ground beef. I'm not ashamed.


Well, when it came time for dinner, pizza just sounded too good to me. We had a couple DiGiorno's in the freezer (thanks to Target and their sales), and it made sense to throw one in the oven. Who says you can't have two entrees for one meal?

I asked DH if he wanted to put some mozzarella on top of his spaghetti. Apparently that's an odd choice of cheese. He declared it to be bland, and I was too lazy to top off my plate, but I say it's tasty!

And just so you know, we ate salad first. You gotta get your greens in.

2 comments:

LadyConcierge said...

Mark is wrong. Mozz is a logical choice on top o' spag. Hasn't he ever had pasta bake (mix dried pasta, sauce, some water in a baking dish, top it with mozz and cheddar, bake it for an hour with foil on top) or lasagna? However, I also like my spagetti with cheddar on top. And pizza is always a good addition.

mattman said...

parmesan seems like a logical choice for spaghetti to me... mozz would be good for a baked ziti or something, as (lisa, I'm guessing?) suggests.

So this is a fun little foodblog...I'll start keeping tabs on it..