Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Italian Goodness

Even though we have LOTS* of leftovers from Mexican Monday, I'm making what is known as "Italian Goodness". It was named this after I got tired of saying "Italian Sausage with Bell Peppers, Onions, and Potatoes" every other week.

Ingredients (amount I used tonight):
Sweet Italian Sausage (1 pkg; 1.25 lbs)
Green Bell Peppers (1 1/2)
Onion (almost 1)
Red Potatoes (2 decent sized ones)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (several drizzles)
Italian Seasoning (several shakes)

Directions: Cut the first four ingredients into bite-sized chunks. Place in baking dish. Drizzle with the extra virgin olive oil and Italian seasoning. Mix it all up.

Bake at 425 until fully cooked. (The smaller you cut up your potatoes and sausage, the quicker it will be finished.) Check it every 15-20 minutes or so. Stir and add more extra virgin olive oil if necessary.

Enjoy the goodness!




Tonight I used a smaller baking dish (not the one above), and couldn't fit in as many veggies as normal. I didn't want to have to eat the leftovers for days, plus I used some onion and bell pepper in my green salad. The only reason I actually made this tonight is because our sausage needed to be used, as did the potatoes.





*We had 10 people over for Mexican Monday, but Mr Oh probably made enough food for 20! There was enough chicken and rice left for me to eat for lunch today through Friday, plenty of refried beans, 4 tamales, 6 taco shells (gave 4 to a sister), a good amount of taco meat, and a crazy heap of fresh fruit salad. Yummy.

No comments: