Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pantry Challenge?

We bumped our grocery budget down from $250 to $200 because we neglected to earmark money for our garden (which will hopefully be completely planted by the end of the weekend!).

So far we've spent right under $100.

I think it would be...fun?...to try not to buy any more groceries for the month. I've read a lot of blogs where families do "pantry challenges" to avoid buying groceries for a couple weeks. I realize that if we do empty our cabinets and fridge of food, we will eventually restock our supply, and in essence, will spend the money eventually.

BUT...it would be really nice to be able to sacrifice and put that extra $100 in our House Fund.

We have plenty of ground beef, ground turkey, pasta, and a head of lettuce. Our fruit supply will run out in the next couple days, so that might be the deal breaker. We'll see. I guess I should discuss this with the husband....

No comments: